April 11, 2011

I have come to realize how important it is to realize God in our lives. When we do so we can then be grateful for it and when we are more grateful for it we are then blessed for that gratefulness as well. I hope that we can all see the effect God has had in our lives. Thank you for sharing those experiences with me about God and how he has blessed you so much. Too many people in the world believe that everything is just chance and coincidence. It is quite sad really..... But that is why I am here isn't it. And I am very grateful for this chance.

This week has been a week full of many miracles along with many blessings and it was capped off by the wonderful opportunity to see our investigator Geng Lei recieve baptism and enter into a covenant with our father in Heaven. Every time I witness a baptism of anyone that I know I feel so blessed to be able to know that they have become clean and pure before the eyes of the Lord. The spirit felt at his baptism and as well as the baptism of Walter Lombe (another investigator that I had the chance to work with) the next night was just amazing. The feeling that was there was nothing that I have felt before on my mission and I know that it was a very sacred experience to witness and be a part of. I will treasure that feeling and memory for the rest of my life and into eternity.

The last couple of weeks Elder Chan and mine relationship has become better and closer, more unified. It has come through better communication and more patience with each other and our weaknesses. Elder Chan has been doing extremely well in improving as a missionary and this week especially has been seeking ways to improve and help. I feel blessed to have this opportunity to be serving with him and seeing him grow, but more importantly to be able to learn from him and the vast knowledge that he has. His experiences and background are much different than mine which makes it easier for some investigators to connect to us as missionaries. He has an unwavering loyalty to the investigators that we has and is always looking out for them and the ways we can help them. The Charity that he has is an amazing example to me.

You had asked about the chinese population here in Preston and when the majority of the students are going back home and then also returning to England next Fall. From what I have been able to gather many of the Chinese are leaving next week and most in the middle of May. The recent converts that I know will be here until May as well. The chinese investigators that we have at the moment will be leaving in May and the beginning of June. It was great to have two of our chinese investigators come to the Baptism on Saturday. They felt the spirit very strongly and one of them said that he wanted to feel that way more. I can't express how blessed I feel to be working with the Chinese here in England.

Well it was great once again to be able to communicate with you from such a far away place. Oh the blessings of technology. I was given the opportunity to talk about the Atonement in church this Sunday and I learned quite a from studying it for myself. The word advocate really popped out to me and I feel that we need to remember that Christ is OUR greatest advocate and he will plead with the father for us as long as we accept him. I love this work and the opportunity I have to represent Jesus Christ. I hope that you all continue to enjoy the experiences that come with life and remember that they are all for a reason. "Shall we not go on in so great a cause?" Joseph Smith

With Love,

Elder Fawcett

No comments:

Post a Comment