October 11, 2010

So some things of note that happened this week. I feel bad about telling you about the week becuase not a lot new really happens so I feel boring. But.... We taught our first TA or Lesson all in Chinese this last Saturday. Lets just say that it didn't go to great. Chinese is a fairly hard language to learn I have found out. We did talk all in Chinese, but I don't think we sounded that great. This next week should be better. Same Lesson, one more week to prepare = it "should" be better. I am really starting to like some aspects of the language. I am not quite thrilled yet to learn Characters, but that will come with time I am sure. My teachers are great and love helping us out however we need it, and they are very strict with how we use our time. So that is very helpful to us.
 
So all the older Elders left this last Wednesday and it was kind of sad, (We had gotten somewhat close to some of them) but happy at the same time to see them leave off to Taiwan knowing what they where going out to do. So it is has been nice and quiet these last couple days. More shower time, and quiter studying. Stuff like that. A good thing is that we have gotten a lot tighter with the group of elders that came in with us. There are 20 of us and we have become a lot better friends. Now we are goign to be the examples for the new elders coming in. I remember how good we thought the older missionaries were at Chinese, and I don't feel as if I have learned as much. then again, I know more than I think I know. At least that is what my teachers tell us. :)
 
So one quick funny story. A couple days ago after we had just gotten back from GYM we were going to take a shower, (we were really sweaty). So we decided to go upstairs because it was less crowded. We came down to our room to find that it was locked and that the other companion was no where to be found. So we figured we would be locked out of our room with only towelse and shower supplies until someone could get us a key. Then one of the elders came over to us and asked us what we were doing outside knocking on som randome persons door. We got turned around upstairs. :)
 
I hope all is well!! I love you all and thankyou for the support.
 
Elder fawcett.

No comments:

Post a Comment